COLUMBUS ARTS COUNCIL
March 14, 2019
The Columbus Arts Council, Columbus, MS, seeks a full time executive director. We’re looking for someone to write grants, manage staff, coordinate fundraising, and work with our board to further the mission of the organization. The ideal candidate is passionate about the arts and has non-profit management experience.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply for and manage grants from both government and private institutions
• Supervise staff (currently one full-time and three part-time)
• Coordinate fundraising efforts. Fundraising includes encouraging memberships and sponsorships to fund operations as well as growing our newly-established endowment.
• Advocate for CAC and the arts by maintaining high visibility in the community.
• Prepare agendas and reports for regular board meetings.
• 3-5 years non-profit experience
• Prior non-profit leadership experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively, multitask, work independently, supervise a team and quickly shift with changing priorities
The CAC provides a competitive salary and a very healthy incentive package. We provide benefits, including an insurance supplement and retirement plan.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also ask applicants to submit a statement of leadership philosophy. No calls please. Applications must be received by April 15, 2019.