JOBS AT COLUMBUS ARTS COUNCIL
The Columbus Arts Council seeks a full time Operating Director. We’re looking for someone passionate about the arts to further the mission of the organization.
The Arts Council has four strategic goals:
- Continue excellence in programming.
- Increase our presence and visibility in the community through outreach and communication.
- Build partnerships and collaborations on behalf of the arts with diversity and inclusion in mind.
- Expand financial resources, organizational stability and fundraising capacity.
There are two directors – a Operating Director and a Creative Director. The Operating Director reports to the Board of Directors and works with the Creative Director to manage the Arts Council program and facility. The Operating Director manages the finances and provides direction and oversight to enable our creative mission.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the long-range strategic and financial plan.
- Manage the budget.
- Apply for and manage grants from both government and private institutions.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising efforts for the program and endowment, including special events, memberships, gifts and sponsorships.
- Advocate for CAC by maintaining high visibility in the community.
- Identify and create opportunities for the council to better serve Columbus and Lowndes County, removing barriers to arts programming in underserved communities.
- Prepare agendas and reports for regular board meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational ability.
Salary is anticipated to be $42,500 with paid dental, vision, and life, and supplemented medical.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, please. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, August 18th.