There is always something going on at the Columbus Arts Council located in the Rosenzweig Arts Center! Check out the side panels for more event information.
If you haven’t gotten your tickets for our “Jeans & Jewels” Gala this year this is your last chance! you $60 ticket include delicious food, musical entertainment, exciting live and silent auction items, an open bar, a fun
filled night with friends-- and a grand opportunity to support the arts in our community.
So stop by the Columbus Arts Council today, get your tickets today and join us in your jeans, jewels, and cowboy boots for
a night of music, food, open bar, prizes, dancing, and more! To entice you further please see our list of sample auction
Our mission is to present, promote, support, and inspire art. The gala is our biggest fundraiser; as such it provides the means for our organization to reach out to our community through programs
like Arts for All, Summer Camp, and our Omnova Series and fulfill our mission. We are truly grateful for all of the support our community provides and hope to see you at our "Jeans & Jewels
Sample Auction Items
- Jasper, hessonite, citrine, & crystal necklace and earrings
- "Three Peaches Painting" by Angelika Robinson
- "Jewelry set, "The Sea": bracelet, pendant & earrings
- Original art pendant "Floral Abstraction"
- Peter's pottery bowl
- Etta B. Pottery
- Decorated Cowboy Boots by Elayne Goodman
- Original photograph "My Beloved Mississippi Roads"
- 84" x 84" white reversible quilt
- Smith Lake, AL- three bedrooms, with a sleeping loft and dock house and dock
- Weekend get-away at "The Watermelon Cottage" Columbus
- Smith Lake, Al-three bedroom, 1.5 bath upstairs, 2 double bunk-beds, 2 queen beds and ping pong downstairs
- Rock Hill Stables trail ride for 4
- Two night stay at the Cartney-Hunt House
- Rare Cambridge crown Tuscan rose stem compote/candy dish
- Limoges foot-bath in vibrant colors
- Mexican Talevera table torch
- Pair of vintage Italian prints
- Arthur Court-Elephant bowl
- Wooden side board
- 4 Tennis lessons
- 6-month membership to Magnolia Tennis Club (new member only)
- 1-year joint membership certificate to Core Fitness
- 3-month Family membership certificate to the YMCA
Other Great Items
- 1 hr. entertainment for a children's party
- 1 hr. piano playing for cocktail or dinner party
- John Grisham first edition hardback book set
- Two tickets to Howlin' Wolf Blues Festival & 2 t-shirts
- Two tickets to dinner theater production of "Casseroles & Mistletoe"
- Autographed copy of "The Firm" by John Grisham
- Disney vacation planning basket
- The Grill
- Sweet Peppers Deli
- J. Broussards
- Mi Toro
- Beans and Cream
- Park Heights Restaurant
- Coffe House on 5th
- Longhorn Steakhouse
- Logan's Roadhouse
- Cattleman's Steak & Fish
- Rubens Fish & Steakhouse
- Bottle of Caymus Vineyards 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle of Penfolds Cabernet Sauvignon 1997
- Fashion and Jewelry
- Vintage beaded purse
- Mary Frances designer purse
- Silver corded bracelet
Spa & Pampering
- Designer fragrance collection from Belk
- Grassroots Natural Candle company gift basket
- "Vitality Escape" Gift Basket & Spa Package
Live Auction Items
- 2-round trip tickets on Delta from GTR to anywhere Delta flies in the continental US and a 2-person hot air balloon redeemable in over 200 locations nationwide.
- 6-course gourmet dinner with special wines and live music
- Sunset River Cruise for 12: cocktails & heavy appetizers
- Opening day dove shoot September 2014 for 2 adults and 2 youth, includes continental breakfast & lunch
- One wild hog hunt-stand or night hunting-spot and stalk your choice
- Watercolor, Fl-Resort beach rental, two master suites
- Back-up Bidder- 2-person hot air balloon redeemable in over 200 locations nation wide
Raffle Items ($ 10 or 3 for $25)
- Slab ceramic salad bowl
- 70" x 70" Black reversible quilt
- Wine basket
Please note that this button will be taken down on Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM.
Treat a special
lady to a Mother's Day Musical!
The trip is on! We still have seats available. If you are interested in going give us a call 662.328.2787.
Presented at BJCC, Birmingham, AL
Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Bus leaves the Columbus Arts Council, 501 Main Street, at 9:30 AM. Bus will stop for lunch at Cracker Barrel prior to
performance. (Lunch not included in ticket price.)
Tickets: $100 - includes transportation.
10 tickets available!
(Men and women welcome, you don't have to be a mother to attend!)
Tickets must be purchased by April 30 by calling 662.328.2787 or by visiting the Columbus Arts Council.
The Omnova Theater has earned a name as one of the best intimate live-performance venues in our area, hosting varied local, regional and even national talent in its 85 seat home. Audiences will
hear everything from Mississippi Delta blues, country, bluegrass, classical, jazz and world music to professional storytellers spinning magic with the spoken word.
Open mic shows provide a stage for both established and emerging artists. With such a wonderful array of talent in our area, these are, indeed, some of our most popular shows.
Tickets for all performance are available in advance and at the door--if available. With limited seating in this intimate acoustic space, it's often wise to get your tickets early to assure
Concert and Artists Series
This series of live performances continues to set the standard for quality, affordable artistic programming in the area. All productions are performed by regional, national or international
artists and touring companies. Most performances take place in Rent Auditorium on the campus of Mississippi University for Women. Tickets may be purchased online, at our office within the
Rosenzweig, or at the door the night of the event. In addition, courtesy tickes are included in some levels of CAC membership.
YPAS (Young People's Artist Series)
YPAS was developed by the CAC over 25 years ago to provide live performance programs for pre-school, elementary and middle school children in the Golden Triangle and surrounding area.
Musicals, puppetry, dance and various forms of live music have been presented to thousands of students who might not otherwise have this opportunity. The Arts Council provides
curriculum-education support through study guides for each performance.
Pictures from some of our past events